Here's the thing: Although raw poultry may contain salmonella, the truth is that it takes a lot of it to get you sick. There's no way on God's green earth that the amount of germs on grandma's hands or that towel will do anything to you. You need to actually eat the raw turkey. Or at least lick it. For a really long time. My point is - don't confuse salmonella, or regular bacteria in foods with norovirus particles. It only takes as little as 10 norovirus particles to make you sick. But the only way you can catch that is if someone didn't wash their hands after going to the bathroom (up to 2 weeks AFTER they've had it).
If people get sick after Thanksgiving dinner, it's almost always from stuffing that was put into the turkey the night before (even refrigerated). Very dangerous. If your turkey isn't cooked long enough theoretically the stuffing isn't hot enough to kill all the bacteria that gets into it. But most people overcook turkeys. So I wouldn't worry about that either!
Try to relax and enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family. Eat! Be merry. Fake it til you make it, I say. And whatever you do - be thankful.